The Hoerner Happenings...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Long Time Gone...

So it's been forever. That's what my favorite sister in law tells me anyway. She harasses me NON-STOP about updating my page. This post will NOT include pics, but it will include all the latest comings of ME! :)
Let's see...where to begin. We'll start in October. October 1st, 2008 I began a new position at Hershey Medical Center as an MOA. (Medical Office Associate) It's pretty much the BEST job I've ever had. What is an MOA, you're asking?? It's a cult. Ok, I'm kidding. We (the MOA's) basically cover the front desk of all the outpatient clinics @ HMC. Check patients in, check patients out, that sort of thing. I have been in the Cancer Center since November and am soon to be hired as a permanent MOA there!! VERY exciting for me!!! :)
In early November I began seeing a pretty phenomenal guy. His name is Matt. Pretty much the most NORMAL guy I've ever dated. He and I went to high school together. He graduated a year after I did. We hung out a few years later, after we both graduated. Things didn't really work out between us at the time. Years later, he found me on Facebook. I found out he had moved to Indiana and now had a little girl! I soon came to find out that he was moving back to PA, and was looking for people to hang out with. It was supposed to be completely innocent, hanging out, having fun with an old friend but soon turned into something completely unexpected! We fell completely head over heels for each other even after all these years. From the first night we went to the movies, we were inseparable. I met his daughter after a few weeks and fell completely in love with her. Her name is Hannah and she'll be 2 soon! She's the most fun-loving, adorable, energetic little girl you'd ever want to meet. Life is definitely funny sometimes. I would have NEVER thought I'd be in this position, with him, after all these years. He's everything I have EVER wanted in a partner and I definitely feel blessed to have him come back in to my life. :) I'll stop now before you vomit all over your computer. ;)
Backing up a bit, I moved in with 2 of my very close friends (or so I thought) into a 3 bedroom house in Palmyra in September. The house is ADORABLE. So the 3 musketeers moved in together, only to find out that our 3rd musketeer was completely inconsiderate and too immature to be living on her own anymore. She decided to give us and the landlord 2 weeks notice that she would be moving out, and moving back home to Archbald, PA where she grew up. She had apparently been offered a new position up there at some local hospital and was moving back in with her parents. So now it's Torey and I. We REALLY couldn't be happier now that she's gone. Kelly was more of a burden than anything. It was her idea for us to move in together in the first place and not even 3 months later decides to pack up and leave. So she royally screwed us over in the money department. But, I know that Torey and I can do it on our own. We're both looking in to getting a part time job, to pick up the excess. So we'll see what happens!!
Christmas was phenomenal! I had a great Christmas, minus some family drama. It sucks when your father gives your roommate a warmer welcome than you on Christmas afternoon! Apparently I was at fault though in some fashion bc I was told to be there by 3pm, and I did just that. It was 2:50pm when we walked through the door. But whatever! :) Matt bought me a VERY pretty white gold necklace, with pink sapphires in it. I received AWESOME house stuff from my parents and lots of money as well. Good times!!
New Years Eve was spent at my brother, Dan's house. Matt and I went over to enjoy wings and Wii! I seriously need to look in to getting one of those... lol We had a blast! We didn't even see the ball drop, but that was ok!
New Year's Day was spent at my parent's house with Matt. Pork and sauerkraut were served, to follow tradition. And I think most of the family ended up passed out in random locations following dinner! I'm pretty sure blackmail pictures were taken...but I haven't seen them. lol
Currently, I'm in California. Sitting in my aunt's living room, listening to 27 Dresses, and enjoying the smell of bacon spattering on the stove. My mom and I have been here since last Wednesday and we leave in 2 days. We came out here for my cousin, Stephanie's wedding. Which included a very Mormon Bachelorette party. My cousins and I got her a Bride to Be tiara to wear, a Bride to Be ribbon, a gigantic engagement ring balloon to carry around, and a flashing heart necklace! We picked up ourselves some very attractive devil horns to wear for the evening. We took an afternoon trip to the movies and saw Bride Wars. Awesome movie, and definitely would recommend EVERYONE to go see it. It definitely made me weep a little. :) After that, it was off to dinner with my aunt, my mom, and grandmother. We went to a local DELICIOUS mexican restaurant called Las Fuentas. YUM. The next day she was married in the San Diego Temple to a phenomenal guy. You could definitely feel the spirit as they came out of the temple on to the balcony to greet all the family and friends that had made the 2 hour journey down there. I had to keep myself from bawling when I saw them. I'm so happy that she found her other half. My mom has been making a lot of comments about MY wedding, and when I get married, as if it's something that is going to come along in the near future. She told me that I should start looking for things that I may want in my wedding. After picking my jaw up off of the floor, I did just that. I honestly HAD thought about doing that before, but was afraid to hear the critism come from her mouth. My cousins and I had to take a trip to the party store before the wedding and I found some rather cute purchases. Including and brown/pink garter, a very pretty hankerchief, and a ring pillow cover...in pink obviously. Along with those, I found my thank you cards at Target. They are completely me AND they were on clearance! Woot Woot!! :) So yes, she kind of created a monster. I look for stuff ALL THE TIME now. :) It'll definitely save me money when the time comes!
So....I think that's about it! That's the latest in my life! I hope all enjoyed reading my ramblings and I do apologize for not having pictures posted. I promise that WILL happen!!!
Love to all!!!

-jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home