The Hoerner Happenings...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why I Love the People at My Job...

As most know, I got married on September 18th, 2009. I changed my name on September 20th, 2009. I filled out the appropriate paperwork to change my name at work in...October or so. I figured what's the rush?? :) It has taken until 2 days ago, emails back and forth to HR, and filling out a new set of paperwork for me to receive notification that in order to "comply" with our company's policy and the Department of Health, I needed to turn in my old photo id badge for a new one with the appropriate changes on it. I'm sorry, but you're totally making me feel threatened by this when I put my name change information in MONTHS AGO and NOW I need to comply to policy. Ok fine. I primp and preen to make sure my new id badge is super special. It does have my new name it, after all! I take time out of my lunch break today and walk the 1/2 mile across the hospital, down to the basement to the inner depths of hell to the ID Bage/Parking office. I walk in and wait patiently. This is the conversation and my experience:

Me: Hi! I got an email stating I needed to come down for a new badge. (Hands her old badge)
Her: ...silence.......more silence....*nasty voice* Did you have a NAME CHANGE or SOMETHING??? *glares at me*
Me: YeS. *extra pronounciation on the S*
Her: Well WHAT is your new name??? *nasty voice*
Me: Hoerner. H-O-E-R...
Her: *nasty tone* H..O...What??
Me: *Nastier tone while staring her in the eye* E-R-N-E-R
Her: ....silence....
Her: ....more silence...
Her: ....even MORE silence...
Seriously, I'm about to explode from the tension in this office.
Badge machine is making funny noises...
Her: ....she's still silent...
About 2 minutes later out pops my id, she snatches it from the machine. Looks at the back. Sweetly smiles at me and hands it over.
Her: There you are!! :)
Me: Thank you VERY much!!! :) *underlying tone seriously b*tch I wanna punch you*

First of all, hang on a sec, where's my new pic???! I didn't even dare go there bc if she was rude to me any more I was seriously going to climb over the desk and harm her in some way. I primped for nothing. And I'm stuck with my picture from last year with part of my hair sticking up. AWESOME.
Second, I don't feel it's EVERY necessary to be so hostile in dealing with other humans. Unless that person is threatening your life or is trying to harm you in some fashion...be nice! Our hospital's current "motto" is: Good people. Great Care. Or something along those lines. I'm thinkin' they may want to reconsider that first part considering some of the ogres they have working in this place. Sheesh.. Remind me never to change job positions or change my name EVER again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home